We’re looking for a new member with a passion for web development to join our growing software development team at Coastline. Coastline is a small business born from the sunny beaches of Sunderland – we offer a large range of services from web design, mobile app development and even hosting. Now based in Englands largest business park in Newcastle, our eyes are set on increasing the size of our team.
What you’ll be doing
You’d be working alongside us while we work on a collection of internal and external work, typically based around newer web technologies like React (or similar). We encourage an environment of innovation and will offer as much support as possible to help our staff reach their true potential, so if there is ever anything you’re unsure about, we’ll be here to help you grow. Your option matters to us, and if you think that there is a better way to do anything, we are more than happy to have an open conversation and take your thoughts on board.
Typical Tasks Include:
- Helping prepare and plan for upcoming projects.
- Use new front end frameworks (such as React or similar).
- Engaging with activities on our project management software.
- Engaging in group conversations.
- Assisting with the development of WordPress websites.
- Testing components of our system.
- Deploying web systems using our hosting platform.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for a friendly new member with a passion for front-end development – we’re a friendly, inclusive bunch, and try to create a positive work environment as much as possible. We’re looking for someone who is based in the North East who can work in an office at Cobalt Business Park, however, we’re also happy for employees to work remotely occasionally.
- Strong knowledge of HTML, CSS and JS.
- An understanding of WordPress.
- A basic understanding of cloud hosting.
Nice to have:
- Experience with React (Or similar).
- Experience with version control.
- Experience with managing Linux servers.
- Taking part in client meetings.
- Knowledge of PHP.
- Mentoring – If you’re unsure about anything, we’re always on hand to help you.
- Open forum – we take your feedback seriously – if you have any input, we’ll love to hear it.
- Friendly and positive environment – we’re not robots, we try to have as much fun as possible!
- Free parking – our car park is huge!
- We’re a small team – there is currently only 3 of us!